ni I dapat dari laman web MSN life & style. Ada 10 worst diet tips ever. Jom tengok amendanya....
- 100 calories from fruits and 100 calories from a packet of crisps are not the same. While natural food is full of nutritious calories essential for a balanced diet, processed greasy food is only made up of so-called 'empty calories' that have no benefit and only make you gain weight. (yes...memang lagi elok amik makanan in natural form, instead of processed or canned food)
- Skipping breakfast so you can save those morning calories? You'll soon find that your early lunch and comfort dinner make up for more calories than the ones you could've had in the early hours. Not eating in the morning means you won't have much energy throughout the day and will lower your mood and motivation levels. (tips...ada baca somewhere bila kita breakfast makan telur, kurang sikit tahap kelaparan dan seterusnya kegilaan nak attack food ketika lunch. hehehehhe)
- Avoiding all sorts of junk food and treats keeps you physically healthy, but only theoretically. When you live by the 'all or nothing' rule and get increasingly stressed over your cravings, the new stress will cause you to crave more. So stop the endless cycle by allowing yourself to have a treat every now and then. (Yes...we deserve a treat! So weekend tu, bleh la snacking once in awhile... tapi jgn overload plak! Bagi betis nak peha plak eh....sila beringat-ingat ya... - ni ingatan utk diri sendiri yg selalu terbabas diet masa weekend!)
- According to the Harvard School of Public Health, it is not about the amount of carbohydrates you eat, but it's about the type. Refined carbs such as white bread and white rice do not have many nutrients, and often lead to weight gain if consumed in large amounts. Swap them for healthier carbs, such as brown rice or whole grain instead, as carbohydrates are an important source of slow energy (oh...I dah tukar pakai brown rice :-) even roti pon beli yg wholemeal)
- Throwing all your daily fruits and vegetables into a mixed juice is a practical way of sipping on those vitamins and good sugars. However, when only extracting the juice, we lose the important fibres of the ingredients, which exist in the pulp and the skin. Make it into a thick smoothie by adding them in, for the extra health benefit (errr... I x rajin juicing... bila nak rajin ni???)
- Detox is one of the much-talked about crazes in the foodie world, but the truth is, our body has the greatest detox function of all - our digestive system, kidneys and liver. If you cut out alcohol and cut down on eating undesirable foods, then you shouldn’t need to detox at all. (well... I rasa puasa is the best detox. clear rasa perut, and Alhamdulillah Nampak semakin baik in terms of 'morning business' bila dah puasa for a few days)
|How much is too much??|
- Going for the sugar-free item may make us feel better about our choice, but be aware that artificial sweeteners are just as bad – if not worse than normal sugars. Researchers suggest a 67 percent increased risk of Type 2 diabetes for people who drink sugar-free soft drinks in comparison to their non-drinking counterparts. Go for fresh natural juices instead whenever you can – or even better - water. (Yupp!!! minum air putih je...jimat kos and pilihan yg lebih sihat)
- There are two types of fat: the good and the bad. Avocados, nuts and fatty fish such as salmon contain the healthy fat that protects our heart from diseases. On the contrary, unhealthy fats that are in greasy foods can lead to weight gain and cardiovascular problems. Do not cut out all types of fat, because the good ones are essential in our normal diet (errr... kena tgk lemak baik ke lemak jahat dulu ni baru decide nak makan ke tanak makan)
- There are all sorts of supplements around, but which ones are worth taking? In short, vitamins will never be as good as the nutrients in actual foods, therefore it is wrong to think that by popping pills you are healthy enough not to eat vitamin-enriched food. There are a few exceptions to this rule though - folic acid and vitamin D are worth taking in capsule form, as the body needs extra help producing these. (Huwaaa....I selalu x consistent in taking folic asid... nak kena babap ni!)
- There is nothing wrong with nibbling at some snacks throughout the day - in fact, it keeps your hunger in control and prevents you from overeating on meal times. What matters is the nutritional choice and portion size. Ditch the crisps and ice creams, and reach out for fruits, nuts, and yoghurt instead. (choose a healthier snacks! celery stick is good. low calories, but taking a lot of energy to process).
So... there u go... a little tips to guide u in your diet. Jangan biarkan perut kosong dan tak makan (unless u puasa la kan...). Coz nanti our brain would think we are in starving mode, so our metabolism is reduced to save energy. Reduced metabolism = low calories burn = lelemaks berkumpul.
Nak kurus dgn sihat? Jawapannya makan makanan yg sihat dalam portion yang betul